- A study of the theory, history and adherents of various modern western techniques for moving the natal chart in time
- A study of modern techniques for moving the natal chart to assess and interpret current patterns for assessing the phase, the year, the month, the week and day
- A comparison of strengths and weaknesses of various techniques of moving the chart in time
- The process of current pattern chart synthesis and interpretation
- Understanding the appropriate movement tools for the interpretive scope
In addition to weekly homework of concepts applied to study charts of public personages, students meet weekly in Live Chat sessions through the GoToMeeting classroom with teacher and/or student presentations on these topics.
Areas of study for “moving the chart in time” Part I include:
Moving the chart with transits, secondary tertiary and minor progressions and solar arc directions
Interpreting Solar and Lunar Eclipses
The lunation cycle in life stages and variations of the Progressed Moon in interpretation
An overview of the history of chart movement techniques in modern western astrology
Weekly topics include
- A historical review of modern western astrological methods of chart movement to interpret current patterns relevant to the natal chart from the 16th century to the present.
- Natural planetary cycles of outer planets as general markers of life stages.
- Timing Life Events with Outer Planet Transits to the Natal Chart: Study includes: outer planet transits, Jupiter through Pluto to assess the importance of important life events through “stacking-up” or activation of several chart points in a short period of time.
- Assessing the Year with Solar Arc Directions. Solar Arc Directions, have one advantage over all other methods of moving the chart because it is very easy to spot the approximate timing of activation for important years. Study includes the strengths and weakness of the system.
- Assessing the Year with Secondary Progressions. Study includes how to apply secondary progressed technique to forecast the unfolding of any year, past present or future, and the strengths and weakness of the system
- Assessing the Half-year with Solar and Lunar Eclipses. Study includes: the astronomical dynamics of eclipses, the effects of a Solar Eclipse or Lunar Eclipse as it activates natal planets, personal points and houses.
- Assessing the Year with Transit, Progressed and Directed Lunar Nodes. To understand the current chart patterns more deeply, we must investigate the transits, progressions and directions of and to the Lunar Nodes.
- Timing Months with the Progressed Moon and the Progressed Moon Phase: including the Progressed New and Full Moons. The progressed Moon serves as a trigger to activate the longer-term (slower) secondary progressions.
- Timing Months and Weeks with Tertiary and Minor Progressions. These faster timing methods enable the astrologer to interpret particular months and weeks of special interest during the year.
- Timing a Specific Event within Days with Inner Planet Transits.
- Selecting the Appropriate Timing Method for the Task. Clients come to an astrologer with questions, only some of which involve current timing. How do you choose what interpretive techniques will best serve the client's needs?