The Astrological Association and the Astrological Journal proudly presents a competition for original essays by young astrologers. We are looking for great new talent ready to show the world their astrological ideas.
If you are aged between 18 and 35 years old by the closing date of 1st August 2013 you could enter and be our winner!
£100, your essay published in the Journal and free AA membership and Astrological Journal for 1 year
£50, your essay published in the Journal and free AA membership and Astrological Journal for 1 year
£25 and your essay published in the Journal
4th and 5th prize
Your essay published in the Journal
We would like young astrological writers to send us their essays (up to 3,500 words) on any astrological topic. Maybe you have a fascinating Horary story to tell, you have insights into the current world astrology, traditional techniques or the latest psychological ideas. Whatever your astrological focus we want to hear from you and have great prizes to give out as well as the chance to be published in the UK’s prestigious Astrological Journal.
Get writing – we can’t wait to hear from you!
- All essays must be previously unpublished and your own work
- Essays must be between 2,000 and 3,500 words including any endnotes. They can be on any subject of general and specific interest to all serious astrologers. You should include a short bio of up to 100 words and a recent photo of yourself with the entry
- Include graphical horoscopes and data sources with your copy. Any diagrams required for the text should be sent separately and not included as part of the text. All graphical content should be of 300dpi resolution and in .jpg, or .tiff format
- The competition opens on 1st May 2013, and closes at 23.59 BST on 1st August 2013. Entries may be submitted at any time between the opening and closing dates. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. You may only submit 1 entry to the competition.
- The competition is open to all astrologers aged 18 – 35 by the 1st August closing date
- The file must be in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word Document (*.doc or *.docx) ; Open Document Text (*.odt) or Rich Text File (*.rtf)
- The entrant is responsible for ensuring that the file is readable and uncorrupted
- The file cannot be amended or changed in any way once it has been submitted
- Any entrant who submits a file or e-mail containing a virus will be immediately disqualified
- We will acknowledge receipt of entries by e-mail
- The entries will be judged by a panel of the Astrological Association and the Editor of the Astrological Journal. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be announced in a future edition of the Journal
- When published the Editor reserves the right to amend, cut or otherwise make editorial decisions in line with normal journalistic practice. The Editor’s decision is final
- General writer’s guidelines are available here: http://www.astrologicalassociation.com/pages/publications/writersGuidelines.php
- Copyright of the essay remains with the author except that the Astrological Association retains the right to publish any essay in the Journal and/or AA website and republish the material in full, once, without further permission from the author