Primary Instructors: Karen McCauley and Inga Thornell. Guests have included Claudia Dikinis, Bob Glasscock and Donna Van Toen.
Required for the diploma
In this course, students will be introduced not only to considerations involved in astrological counseling as a profession, and to the process of working on relationship issues with clients, including finding relationships in the chart, organizing a session, methods of delivering content, ethical issues and referral strategies.
- Through completing designated readings and assignments, actively participating in discussion forums, internet conferences, and written assignments, the student will be able to:
- Differentiate astrological counseling from other healing and helping modalities.
- Understand the importance of and be able to identify specific listening, focusing and communication skills integral to successful counseling interactions.
- Demonstrate ability to develop specific parameters for counseling sessions.
- Locate relationship needs and potential in the natal chart.
- Demonstrate understanding of the major ideas and practices which led to the development of modern astrological counseling as a field of practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of approaches to ethical dilemmas inherent in counseling.