E520C Character Calling & Karma Part 3: Soul & Connecting to the Cosmos (4-week workshop).
Instructors: Joseph Crane and Enid Newberg. Course meets on Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Pacific Time beginning on April 17, 2014. This workshop is part of a series series on Character, Calling, and Karma examining the multiple considerations of soul and how to work toward a soul-centered astrology.
Instructor: Kenneth Miller. This courses gives you tools to make use of the concepts and practices of Indian astrology, including how it can play a healing role in our lives, and how it can be an adjunct to your Western Astrological work.
CS100 Essential Dignities Workshop. Instructor: Lee Lehman. Cost: $75. This is an independent study class and has not live meetings. Students will have 4 months to complete their assignments.
E511 Symmetrical Astrology 2. Instructor: Gary Christen. Symmetrical Astrology is a modern framework for astrology comprising the work of Arthur Blackwell, Alfred Witte, Rob Hand and Gary Christen. It affords astrology the possibility of a truely structured form with common rules, observations and methods in keeping with modern times.
Regular Certificate Courses
This certificate series provides a solid grounding in the symbolism of Western natal astrology, how the symbolism has evolved over time, how to synthesize and apply that knowledge to delineate a natal chart, and an awareness of the ethical issues involved. By the end of this certificate, students will have gained an understanding of how different philosophies and techniques developed within the Western astrological tradition; will be knowledgeable about some of the controversies that surround different methods, and will have had constant practice in applying what they have learned to chart interpretation. Unless noted, weekly live meetings are generally 1-1/2 hours. Courses offered:
- W101 Introduction to Astrological Symbolism and Practice. Instructors: Tamira McGillivray and Donna Young. Tentative meeting schedule: Tuesdays at 5:00-7:00 p.m. Pacific.
- W102 Natal Chart Interpretation - Alternate Tools. Instructors: Carol Tebbs and Jacqui Menkes. Tentative meeting schedule: Sundays at 1:00 p.m. Pacific.
- W103 Building Delineation Skills . Instructors: Karen McCauley, Inga Thornell and Judy Holloway. Tentative meeting time: Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
- W104 Delination: A Practicum for Natal Interpretation. Instructors: Karen McCauley, Inga Thornell and Judy Holloway. Dedicated practice on methods of interpretating natal charts. Live meetings on Sundasy at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
- M101 Chart Mechanics Level 1. Instructor: Christine Arens. $150 for non-students; $100 for students
Covers the manual calculations needed to create a natal chart. Live sessions are on Mondays at 6:00-7:00 p.m. Pacific.
- M102 Chart Mechanics Level 2 Instructor: Christine Arens. $150 for non-students; $100 for students. Covers manual calculation techniques for progressions, directions and more. Live sessions are on Sundays from 5:00-6:00 p.m. Pacific.
The Movement Certificate examines the development of modern Western methods used to understand the cycles experienced throughout an individual’s life. The objective of this certificate is for students to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the various techniques used by astrologers to understand cycles and change. Students will see how different techniques apply to questions related to psychological development, and the timing of critical events both in the past and as potential predictions for the future. As it is increasingly common for astrologers to have clients without settled birth times, students will also learn strategies and considerations for applying these techniques to chart rectification. Weekly live meetings are 1-1/2 hours.
- W110 Moving the Chart in Time, Part 1. Includes transits, progressions, directions and more. Instructors: Carol Tebbs and Jacqui Menkes. Tentative meeting schedule Sundays at 8 a.m. Pacific
- W111 Moving the Chart in Time, Part 2. Includes Solar and Planetary Returns, secondaries, movement to secondaries and more. Instructors: Carol Tebbs and Lana Kirtser. Tentative meeting schedule: Sundays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific
- W112 Moving the Chart in Time, Part 3: Rectification. Not all charts have accurate birth times. This course applies the various techniques from Moving the Chart 1 and 2 to help the astrologer determine the most probable time. Instructor: Carol Tebbs.
By the end of this certificate, students will how to locate various relationships in the natal chart, apply multiple chart comparison techniques and be able to evaluation different modern Western approaches to the interpretation of relationships. Throughout each course, students will also examine basic counseling issues and ethical considerations involved in reading other people’s charts. Weekly live meetings are 1-1/2 hours.
- WR201 Counseling Issues in Astrology Instructors: Karen McCauley and Inga Thornell. Meeting schedule: Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific. In this course, students will be introduced not only to considerations involved in astrological counseling as a profession, and to the process of working on relationship issues with clients, including finding relationships in the chart, organizing a session, methods of delivering content, ethical issues and referral strategies.
- WR203 Intimate Relationships. Instructor: Karen McCauley. Tentative Meeting schedule: Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific. Astrology can provide a great deal of insight into the basic dynamics of love and marriage. This course will cover techniques, including comparisons and composites.