Similar to the college credit, a unit is a measure of the time required to successfully work through the material covered. Our classes are in-depth, so expect to spend 2-3 hours per week per unit.
Tuition for Certificate and Certificate Diploma Courses
- $40.00 one time registration fee for new students
- $530.00 (10 weeks / 4 units) 1 course (expect to spend up to 8-12 hours per week working on the material)
- $150.00 (10 weeks / 1 unit) Chart Mechanics (calculation) Levels I and II; course can be repeated for $75
- For a student currently enrolled in or who has completed in the Fundamentals (for M101) or Movement (for M102) certificates: $100
- Completing a 3-course certificate: Taking one course per term, it takes 9 months to complete the entire certificate. An individual course is $530.00, so the entire certificate of 3 courses would cost $1,590.00.
- Completing the Certificate Diploma: The Program Diploma requires 12 courses plus the two math calculation labs. Taking one class per term (except when completing the math) it would take 3 years to complete the entire certificate, for a total cost of $6,510. The diploma automatically grants NCGR Level III certification.
- Tuition for workshops and focus seminars: Workshops and focus seminars range from 3 hours to several weeks in length and can cost between $25 and $295. They generally do not have a course website as the focus is on the live meetings. Whether or not they can attend a particular session in person, students will receive a link to download a copy of the recording.
- $10-$50 for books and other materials. Click here to see a list of required materials.
Upon request, introductory courses (Fundamentals & Moving the Chart Certificates) can be taken over two terms. Payment must be received before starting the first term.
Students will be entered into their courses at least one day prior to the start date of the course.
- A dedicated online course site with supplemental readings, presentations, online discussion forums, assignments, and in many courses quizzes to help you test your own learning.
- Access to the "student lounge" which provides additional useful resources including the student handbook, online ephemeris, free-form online discussions.
- Recordings of the live sessions
Tuition in courses costing $530 per term also covers:
- A 3-month subscription to the Marion D. March Electronic library which includes electronic research databases, over 1,200 e-books from the 17th to early 20th centuries, and links to additional valuable Internet resources.
- A 3-month subscription to the Kepler Community Center, where students can create their own study or interest groups using Kepler's online course software and conferencing service (for example, there is currently a research study group that meets on Fridays). Students who wish to continue their involvement when they are not enrolled, can participate at $10 per quarter or $40 per year.
When you are enrolled, you will be able to communicate with fellow students in your course through the online discussion forums and via email. After you have completed your registration, we will send you any additional information regarding your class (such as any additional information on required books) at least one week prior to the start of class. New students will also be enrolled in the orientation course.
Enroll Now! You can pay through Paypal or register and pay by check or credit card.