Instructors: Karen McCauley, Inga Thornell, Judith Holloway
W104 is recommended for students intending to see clients
Students who have completed a program certificate will receive a $100 discount coupon for this course.
So you know the astrological basics, but do you need help putting everything together? If the answer is yes, then this course is for you. This course focuses on finding basic themes, answers and interpretations using the natal chart for addressing client issues.
• Students will explore various ways to enter and explore natal charts depending on the questions that clients present.
• Students will have the opportunity to use and improve their critical thinking skills in peer review.
• Students will use who, what, where, when and how questions to identify key issues in the chart.
• Students will gain ways to integrate the Sun, Moon and Ascendant factors in the chart.
• Students will use hemisphere, quadrant and nodal analysis if asked to locate major themes in the life.
• Students will explore and use methods of identifying potentials in relationship, employment, and money via the natal chart.
• Students will understand the principal ethical issues connected with astrological sessions.
Students in this highly interactive 10-week course will meet live on a regular basis to work on delineation. They will also have a course website for further materials and discussion.
Primary Instructors: Karen McCauley and Inga Thornell. Guests have included Claudia Dikinis, Bob Glasscock and Donna Van Toen.
Required for the diploma
In this course, students will be introduced not only to considerations involved in astrological counseling as a profession, and to the process of working on relationship issues with clients, including finding relationships in the chart, organizing a session, methods of delivering content, ethical issues and referral strategies.
Many courses have required books in addition to the materials supplied in class. Instructors do their best to keep the prices down, so most books are easy to find and second-hand copies are available.
(prices checked 3/6/15)
Each individual 5-week workshop is $195, $530 if you take all three (students signing up for all three courses get $50 off the price of taking the courses individually). All three workshops are required to be counted as a diploma elective or for the Multi-Cultural Traditions Certificate.
The cultivation of soul is the key to human flourishing and happiness, in this life and in future lifetimes. This is a basic truth held by wisdom traditions of all kinds – Eastern and Western, ancient and contemporary – yet this means different things in different traditions.
Most of us have also experienced a “soul crisis” or “dark nights of the soul” in which we feel our very existence is called into question and when we find our way back – we sense we have changed in a fundamental way.
The soul’s crises and cultivations are one of the reasons we work with astrology. And this concern for the soul has been part of astrology throughout its history. This program is the most comprehensive treatment of soul and astrology offered anywhere. It traces the connections between concepts of soul, from philosophy, religion and astrology, through Western and Eastern history and practice. It will introduce you to a range of perspectives and applications that can aid in living a good life and help sustain the spirit through life's transitions.
All three courses survey the traditions that astrologers inherited and created and apply their ideas to astrological practice.