Imagine a way to access the details of your life-script (your karma). You could gain understanding of your life purpose, know when to seize opportunity, and have the foreknowledge to remediate difficult circumstances. This is the tradition of Jyotish, the astrology of India. This courses gives you tools to make use of the concepts and practices of Indian astrology, including how it can play a healing role in our lives, and how it can be an adjunct to your Western Astrological work.
The course will be hands-on with multiple example charts. Your astrological analytic skills will be strengthened through the use of the charts of ordinary people.
By the end of the term you will learn:
- The rules for evaluating a planet’s aptitude and temperament, and how it will play out in the life.
- To make sense of the often contradictory indications shown in the chart.
- How the Varga (Divisional charts) provide additional insight on a specific topic.
- The timing method of Dashas which determines when a planet will deliver on its promise.
- Additional methods, including Indian transit principles, yogas (special planetary combinations), and the fascinating history of this unbroken astrological tradition.